Have FEAR of things that are seen as a positive for you?
“The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one.” Elbert Hubbard
Have you ever felt afraid to do or jump into making something happen that is a positive?
I will be honest with you. I HAVE! I use to have a huge fear of writing… yeah. This is very TRUE.
No matter how much I wanted to express myself with writing, I was afraid of it. Interesting right? Look at me know, I cannot stop. 🙂
Well, There are reasons as to why one doesn’t do things, the biggest one being Fear.
Top possible reasons people fear:
- Afraid of failure
- The unknown
- Looking for an excuse
- Childhood experiences (Vague… will not speak of these an example)
Top possible reasons why you are suggested to overcome your fears:
- You will be able to enjoy what you fear with out having to add worry
- There is always something else on the other side
- You will be able to feel empowered that you conquered your fear
- You will not have to avoid things because of your fear
- You might just be missing out on something great
- You may be great at doing what you wee afraid of all these years
- You will feel comfortable not having to over think everything around your fear.
So How have you over come a fear that you know can be a positive experience for you?
Depending on it’s depth, you can:
- Accept that you have a fear, name it and make it known that you will allow a positive in your life.
- Communicate it to someone about your fear (Us therapist are really good at helping other on this one and we will go at your pace at times).
- Have someone you trust help listen to you and your fears.
- Have a support team. This means have people that will uplift you through your hardships and fears. Have people that will encourage you, understand you, at times push and guide you through it. Support is important.
- Keep a daily journal of how you are coming closer to your goal to conquer this fear.
- Keep at it! Don’t give up! It may be hard at time and you don’t want to do it, but KNOW that whatever you place your mind to, you can do.
- Celebrate your freedom and your new success.
Note: This was intended for you to overcome fears that are to be positive in your life.
Like: Opening a business, writing, being assertive, expressing your thoughts in a good manner.
All other fear, I suggest you work with a professional as they will provide tools for you to use through out your journey.
If everything was easy, everyone would be doing everything.
Smile (If you want)
Jes Sofia Valle