Guatemala, Tikal

Health Old Post
Jes in Guatemala

   “Tikal is an enchanting place, with magnificent temples, the music of birds punctuated with the howls of monkeys, and the fresh smell of rain forest permeating each breath of air you take. Once the largest Mayan city in the world, Tikal is now the site of ruined temples, pyramids, stellar, and other stone structures. 30% of the ruins have been uncovered and partially or completely restored. The remaining 70% lie under layers of dirt and shrubs and trees, where they will be preserved well for the centuries to come; the presence of these hidden ruins is betrayed by the geometrically perfect shapes of Tikal’s many hills.”
***
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~marl/images/Tikal.JPG
From the Highest Pyramid in Tikal, Guatemala
http://altiplanos.com.gt/images/tikal1.jpg
Tikal, Guatemala Where the Mayans Lived

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Prove it! * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.